Thursday 12 November 2009

Background Studies_Booklet Design

Last time I posted I apologised for the lack of updates, this time I really need to apologise as its really been quite a while!

During the last few weeks I've come up with a finalised design for my A3 booklet, Im designing the booklet in Photoshop in A3 format and I'm hopefully going to split the images into A4 pages and have it professionally printed before the Decemeber Hand in (or thinking about it, I may wait and have all my booklets printed together to form one huge book showing all my work from this final year at university?)

The booklet is going to have three sections:-

Section 01 -
Background information about Stress in the UK & its links to Relaxation and Spa's
Background information about Spa's and Spa design

Section 02
Site Location
Site History
Existing Buildings On The Site
Existing Materials in and about The Site#
History Timeline
Precidents - UK, Europe and Worldwide
Site Plan
Grave Locations,
Access issues, safety etc.

Section 03
Why the chosen site is suitable
Design Brief

The above left image shows one of my A3 sheets showing the existing buildings on site including the Non Conformist Chapel and the Registrars office. The above right image shows additional buildings on site including the Anglican Chapel and the entrance gates off Ecclesall Road. Please click on the images to see larger versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment