Saturday 5 September 2009

_Two Weeks In Thailand Did The Trick _ Design Concept Finalised

Two weeks in secluded Thailand did the trick, I have concluded that I am going to base my final project around the idea of an Urban Spa.. an urban Oasis. Inspiration and conformation of this topic came from some of the beautiful hotels I've stayed in during my trip to Thailand.

Many of the top hotels in Thailand have a multitude of facilities including stunning spa's, restaurants and pools, yes this is not unusual in top hotels but the difference between top hotels in Thailand and top hotels in the UK, europe and much of the rest of the world is the difference in cost! I stayed in a selection of 4star and 5star hotels and Boutique hotels whilst away in Thailand with the average cost per room of around £55 per night! You would be lucky to find a 3star hotel for that price in the UK!

Many of hotels I stayed in Thailand were inspirational, beautiful modern architecture positioned next to lush green rainforest, stunning blue pools with beach views! I understand that the UK lacks rainforest and stunning beach views, indeed the UK also lacks the intense heat and incredible year round temperatures of Thailand.. but and this is a big BUT.. why are there so few luxury modern spa's in the UK? Why do the spa's which exist have to be hidden within grand country houses or within the urban jungle that is the UK's top cities?!


The above two photos show two of the hotels (with stunning spa's and pools) I stayed in during my trip to Thailand this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment